Shudder Studios has added the Alexa Mini to its inventory. It has the Alexa image quality you love, in a much smaller and lighter package suitable for lightweight configurations, rigs, and gimbals. The camera complements the existing Alexa range, but includes a number of meaningful improvements:
- Built-in motorized ND filters 0.6, 1.2, 2.1
- Framerates up to 200fps
- 4K UHD, 3.2, 2k, and 1080 recording modes. The 4K and 3.2K modes utilize additional pixel area of the sensor (3200x1800 source pixels).
- Prores444 XQ recording with a higher data rate than Prores444
- Internally records to 128GB CFast 2.0 cards which enable higher framerates and less compression
- Internal Arriraw recording (not yet enabled)
- 4:3 recording for anamorphic productions (not yet enabled)
The Alexa Mini is available now from Shudder.